I hereby announce the latest alpha release of KeePassX: 2.0 Alpha 6.
It fixes a security issue that allows you to use global auto-type even when the database is locked.
Thanks to Dmitry Medvinsky for reporting this.
The most important changes are:
- Add option to lock databases after user inactivity [#62]
- Add compatibility with libgcrypt 1.6 [#129]
- Display passwords in monospace font [#51]
- Use an icon for the button that shows/masks passwords [#38]
- Add an option to show passwords by default [#93]
- Improve password generator design [#122]
- On Linux link .kdbx files with KeePassX
- Remember window size [#154]
- Disallow global auto-typing when the database is locked
Special thanks to Albert Weichselbraun and Michael Curtis for their contributions to this release.
Please test the new version and report any issues at https://www.keepassx.org/dev/.
- Source code
- Mac OS X bundle
- Windows binaries
- Full list of files includes GPG signatures (signed by 0x83135D45)
You can also checkout the latest source code from our git repository at https://github.com/keepassx/keepassx.
Beware: this is an alpha release. While I believe the code base is already rather stable make sure to regularly backup your database.