KeePassX

Testimonials

You are welcome to leave your opinion about KeePassX here.

Write a comment

175 Responses to “Testimonials”

1. St Albans UK says:

I just installed (with some trepidation about installing Alpha code) KeePassX 2.0 Alpha 3 on OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion. I can report that KeePassX decrypts and opens my KeePass2 (.kdbx) format database without problems. I’ve needed this for a long time. I can now share the same USB drive hosted KeePass database across Mac and PC systems without the complexity of a Mono installation or the cost / performance issues of vitualisation. Thank you KeePassX Team – your work is very much appreciated.

2. Achat Or says:

It’s hard to picture how my life would look without this tool, tons of passwords were clogging my brain – thanks to keepassX i can remember birthdays now 馃檪

3. RodneyMJ says:

sucks it wont let me save stuff I hit file save data base and named it it could not then file save as same darn thing

4. Brett says:

We use keepass as a team with the kdbx file on a shared drive. Just installed alpha but does not lock the file like v0.4 did. This opens the door for overwrites. Are you planning on addressing this for release?

5. Christmas wouldn’t be the same without keepassx. It is the best password app to use on all operating systems.

6. Gene - London UK says:

I’ve use KeePass2 on all of my devices everywhere, via dropbox. Windows PC, iPhones, iPad, and my Macs. Until I just found that KeePassX now supports the KeePass2 format, I was forced to use the Java version of KeePass2 on my Mac’s. What a relief! The UX on my Mac was awful with the Java version. I’d happy contribute to KeePassX development for OSX- thanks KeePassX team!

7. Harro says:

Great work! TXS. This calls for a donation.

8. Andrea says:

Installed version 2 alpha 3 on RHEL 6.3 without problems. Good work, thanks.

9. 讛驻诇讛 says:

Great software with very unique features. Good work !

10. Our whole team at FT uses keepassX software. It works great on our mac and pc computers.

11. electrickite says:

Installed KeePassX 2.0 Alpha 3 on OSX 10.8 after using KeePass on Windows. Despite being an alpha release, the application works very well. I could open and save to all my kdbx databases. There are still a few missing features (auto type, password generator, etc.) but these are minor and are obviously being worked on.

Keep up the good work!

12. pda says:

They say with food you eat with your eyes before you eat with your mouth e.g. if it doesn’t look good the chances are you won’t eat it. Same for me with software apps. Downloaded a few password keepers and installed but they’re either buggy, look flimsy, cluttered or un-professional in some way and in every case I’ve ditched them – mostly before using them.

However this is not the case with KeePassX – liked all I read about it after seeing user recommendations in a UK National newspaper (see – http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/think-your-internet-password-is-safe-think-again-8523105.html). Then read about the product on your website, downloaded and tried and hey-ho – I found a password app I liked. I’m a committed KeePassX user now. Thanks for a great product.

13. Conrad W. R枚ntgen says:

2.0 Alpha 3: basic features work great on 10.8.3! Thanks a huge bunch!

14. Must be the most useful software in the world for people who forgets passwords (like me)

15. KeePassX is a great tool. Thanks for all of your hard work.

16. Dave says:

Greatest app since the web was invented. I “tried” the others for the past 12 years and finely found the best, KeepassX.

I can actually see the entries, as the other one has the font so small I can’t read any of the entities.
    I’m rather old, but still need the excellent security of this app.
    Thank you very, very much.

17. Muhammad Ahmad says:

Promising App especially useful in combination with drop box when you switch yourself to windows and sometimes on mac

18. SEO Agency says:

We use keepassX for everything we do and all clients we work with we always recommend they keep their passwords secure.

19. I love KeePassX i wanted to check that with all that is coming out on NSA upsetting encryption standard is KeePassX safe against spying?

Also i would love to use a KeePassX type system to keep my personal schedule. I think it is time to say goodbye to google calendar and all the other schedule / calendars owned by spy partners like google apple microsoft yahoo etc.

Do you know of a KeePassX like program to protect personal schedule & contact lists? If not how can i inspire a group with skills to create such an important way to protect privacy?

20. in fact could this be a plugin for ThunderBird or something like that?

21. Koltrane says:

Hi,

I use KeepassX 2.0 version Alpha 4 on a mac (with MAC OS 10.8)
    and I use Keepass V2 on Windows 8 (on a DEll with I7 processor)
    and MiniKeePass on a IPAD 3 (IOS 7)
    For now they share the same Database and it works!!!!

I am really impressed.

BR/Kol

22. Thomas says:

Hello!
    Can anybody tell me how to install the german Translation (.ts) on Mac OS X?

23. Alton says:

I have been a long time user of KeePassX 1.X and have recently upgraded to KeePassX 2 Alpha 5. KeePass is one of those applications that I could not live without. I use it on my MacBook, my Android phone, my Android tablet, and the Windows server that I occasionally administer. There is no way to remember dozens of passwords, some that get used once a year, and KeePass makes it possible to have strong passwords for all of these systems.

24. MIke says:

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out whether to use KeePassX vs other online more integrated solutions. What made the decision for me was GPLv2, this wonderful license will hopefully ensure the codebase continues indefinitely and any improvements remain GPLv2.

Ultimately free proprietary software will get burdened with ads / become pay – free means free.

Furthermore GPLv2 codebase is freely searchable, compatible and this is a great project.