KeePassX

KeePassX 2.0.3 released

We’re happy to announce the latest bugfix release of KeePassX.

Full changelog:

• Improved error reporting when reading / writing databases fails. [#450, #462]
  • Display an error message when opening a custom icon fails.
  • Detect custom icon format based on contents instead of the filename. [#512]
  • Keep symlink intact when saving databases. [#442].
  • Fix a crash when deleting parent group of recycle bin. [#520]
  • Display a confirm dialog before moving an entry to the recycle bin. [#447]
  • Repair UUIDs of inconsistent history items. [#130]
  • Only include top-level windows in auto-type window list when using gnome-shell.
  • Update translations.
  • You can fetch the new release from the downloads page.

Trackback

77 Responses to “KeePassX 2.0.3 released”

1. Travis says:

Man-O-Man do I love this software. I CANNOT believe how many people resort to online password managers such as LastPass and 1Password. Oh and the price of ZERO dollars makes me feel guilty so I donated some $$$ πŸ™‚

2. Alex says:

How about auto-type? I am really missing this feature at os x…

3. Joe says:

Not sure if it’s just me, but I don’t seem to be able to create new GROUPS at the root level — when I add a new group, it just keeps adding as a child of the 1st group at the top of the list.

4. Anonymous says:

How can I get Keypass. Do I have to download the ZIP file ? Sorry, I’m kind of a newbe πŸ˜‰

5. billy says:

Have we seen any comment from the developer about KeePassXC ?

I’ve been using this instead and they’ve done many improvements over KeePassX. I was curious what the original developer had to say about this.

6. This is a great article, that I really enjoyed reading. Thanks for sharing.

7. kee user says:

please update to keepass 2.35
    its not compatable

8. Dan says:

Auto-type is missing for mac os. Would be really nice to have it.

9. Anonymous says:

Awesome work team! Any chance of getting synchronization working? I’d love to collaborate securely, and much prefer KeePassX to KeePass because of the interface. Kudos!

10. Linas says:

Seems to be really great project, but I am wondering is it still under development/support? I see no updates since October 2016.

11. Akim says:

Your rock ! Thank you for your time on developping this useful tool.

May I request a feature ? I use groups and subgroups. I have hundreds of passwords. It would be great to be able to seach for a group, and also when searching for a record, having the full group path shown instead of just the single group name in the group column.