We’re happy to announce the latest bugfix release of KeePassX.
If you were unable to open your database and got the error message
XML error: Unexpected '':
Please upgrade to version 2.0.1 and repair your database with Database > Repair database.
The error is caused by certain special (unprintable) characters in the database.
These characters could find their way into the database by pasting them into an entry or by importing a .kdb database.
- Flush temporary file before opening attachment. [#390]
- Disable password generator when showing entry in history mode. [#422]
- Strip invalid XML chars when writing databases. [#392]
- Add repair function to fix databases with invalid XML chars. [#392]
- Display custom icons scaled. [#322]
- Allow opening databases that have no password and keyfile. [#391]
- Fix crash when importing .kdb files with invalid icon ids. [#425]
- Update translations.
Special thanks to everyone who reported the bugs and to all the translators!
You can fetch the new release from the downloads page.