We’re proud to announce the first stable release of the KeePassX 2 series after several years of development.
KeePassX 2.0 is using the new .kdbx (same as KeePass 2) database format.
You can import your .kdb database from 0.4 from the Database > Import KeePass 1 database.
This is a one-way process though. You can’t migrate back to the .kdb format.
New features include:
- Multiple attachments per entry
- Add custom key/value pairs to entries
- Open multiple database in one window
KeePassX 2.0 has been rewritten from scratch so some features (like showing expired passwords) are still missing.
The important changes compared to beta 2 are:
- Improve UI of the search edit.
- Clear clipboard when locking databases. [#342]
- Enable Ctrl+M shortcut to minimize the window on all platforms. [#329]
- Show a better message when trying to open an old database format. [#338]
- Fix global auto-type behavior with some window managers.
- Show global auto-type window on the active desktop. [#359]
- Disable systray on OS X. [#326]
- Restore main window when clicking on the OS X docker icon. [#326]
You can fetch the new release from the downloads page.