We are proud to announce the first beta release of version 2.0.
The most important changes are:
- Remember entry column sizes [#159]
- Add translations
- Support opening attachments directly
- Support cmd:// URLs [#244]
- Protect opened databases with a file lock [#18]
- Export to csv files [#57]
- Add optional tray icon [#153]
- Allow setting the default auto-type sequence for groups [#175]
- Make the kdbx parser more lenient
- Remove –password command line option [#285]
- Lots of bugfixes
Special thanks to all the contributers who reported bugs, translated KeePassX and submitted pull requests.
I hope to keep this release cycle much shorter than the previous ones. Only bugfixes and translation updates
will make it into 2.0 at this point.
The development of version 2.1 will start in the master branch while 2.0 will be maintained in it’s own branch.
As Qt 4 will be EOL soon KeePassX 2.1 will only support Qt 5.
Please test the new version and report any issues at https://www.keepassx.org/dev/.
- Source code
- Mac OS X bundle
- Windows binaries
- Full list of files includes GPG signatures (signed by 0x83135D45)
You can also checkout the latest source code from our git repository at https://github.com/keepassx/keepassx.
Beware: this is a beta release. While I believe the code base is already rather stable make sure to regularly backup your database.