This is the first beta release of the upcoming KeePassX 0.4.
It contains a bunch of new features such as a pronounceable password generator, a “Tools” menu in the entry dialog to ease the use of auto-type, automatic backup of changed entries and of course some bugfixes.
Hopefully we can provide more translations of KeePassX in the final release. So if you’re able to speak a language that is not yet supported or the translation is incomplete, please have a look at the translating page.
Warning: This version is experimental. Don’t use it in productive environments and backup all your databases.
– Added pronounceable password generator
– Added action “Copy URL to Clipboard”
– Added “Tools” button to EditEntryDlg: Window List and Auto-Type sequence
– Improved Auto-Typing: ability to type all unicode characters
– Added option to save database after every change
– Associate KeePassX with *.kdb files on Linux and Mac OS
– Display warning when opening a database that is already opened
– Distinguish between adding groups and subgroups (Bug #2194057)
– Store list of preferred characters in password generator (Bug #2432748)
– Implemented backup feature
– Don’t include entries from “Backup” group in search results
– Clear Klipper history when clearing clipboard
– Redesigned the Settings dialog and added ability to select language
– Added gl_ES and it_IT translations
– Cache and protect MasterKey – speeds up saving database
– Added 2 new password generator options
– Fixed: Unnamed Database saved as “.kdb” (Bugs #2109972, #2118340)
– Fixed: Date of Modification isn’t updated (Bugs #2108658, #2121768)
– Fixed: Predefined expire times don’t work (Bug #2109987)
– Fixed: Sorting isn’t consistent (Bug #2108655)
– Fixed: KeepassX fails to lock itself after Ctrl-V (Bug #2106604)
– Fixed: Position of main window not properly restored (Bugs #2090649, #2371738, #2336064)
– Fixed: No password generated using list of very special characters (Bug #2230887)
– Fixed: Crash if minimize to systray with locked workbench on Mac OS (Bug #2482531)
– Fixed: Exports aren’t sorted consistently (Bug #2108661)
– Improved the initialization of the Windows RNG and fallback random number source (Bug #2091784)
– Improved Mac OS bundle information (Bugs #2096992, #1921260)
– Improve tab order in many dialogs (Bug #2130397)
– Added nostrip qmake option