This is the first beta release of the upcoming KeePassX 0.4.
It contains a bunch of new features such as a pronounceable password generator, a “Tools” menu in the entry dialog to ease the use of auto-type, automatic backup of changed entries and of course some bugfixes.
Hopefully we can provide more translations of KeePassX in the final release. So if you’re able to speak a language that is not yet supported or the translation is incomplete, please have a look at the translating page.
Warning: This version is experimental. Don’t use it in productive environments and backup all your databases.
- Added pronounceable password generator
- Added action “Copy URL to Clipboard”
- Added “Tools” button to EditEntryDlg: Window List and Auto-Type sequence
- Improved Auto-Typing: ability to type all unicode characters
- Added option to save database after every change
- Associate KeePassX with *.kdb files on Linux and Mac OS
- Display warning when opening a database that is already opened
- Distinguish between adding groups and subgroups (Bug #2194057)
- Store list of preferred characters in password generator (Bug #2432748)
- Implemented backup feature
- Don’t include entries from “Backup” group in search results
- Clear Klipper history when clearing clipboard
- Redesigned the Settings dialog and added ability to select language
- Added gl_ES and it_IT translations
- Cache and protect MasterKey – speeds up saving database
- Added 2 new password generator options
- Fixed: Unnamed Database saved as “.kdb” (Bugs #2109972, #2118340)
- Fixed: Date of Modification isn’t updated (Bugs #2108658, #2121768)
- Fixed: Predefined expire times don’t work (Bug #2109987)
- Fixed: Sorting isn’t consistent (Bug #2108655)
- Fixed: KeepassX fails to lock itself after Ctrl-V (Bug #2106604)
- Fixed: Position of main window not properly restored (Bugs #2090649, #2371738, #2336064)
- Fixed: No password generated using list of very special characters (Bug #2230887)
- Fixed: Crash if minimize to systray with locked workbench on Mac OS (Bug #2482531)
- Fixed: Exports aren’t sorted consistently (Bug #2108661)
- Improved the initialization of the Windows RNG and fallback random number source (Bug #2091784)
- Improved Mac OS bundle information (Bugs #2096992, #1921260)
- Improve tab order in many dialogs (Bug #2130397)
- Added nostrip qmake option