KeePassX

KeePassX 0.3.0 released

This version was planned to be version 0.2.3 but because of many changes an new things we decided to make this one version 0.3.0. So please note that this is not a version with KeePass 2.0 support.

What’s new in 0.3.0

• many bug fixes
  • global Auto-Type
  • fully customizable HTML based detail view
  • better structured settings dialog
  • secure random number generator based on ‘Yarrow‘ including an optional entropy collector
  • new dialog to view expiered entries
  • calendar widget to edit expiration dates in a more confortable way
  • restructured password generator
  • much better appearance under MacOS X
  • fine tuning options for auto-type
  • system tray icon
  • workspace locking

Download the source code now

Binary packages for Linux and MacOS X will follow soon.

EDIT: Binaries for MacOS X, Ubuntu 7.10, openSUSE 10.3 and Fedora 8 are now available.

Trackback

40 Responses to “KeePassX 0.3.0 released”

1. Matthew says:

Awesome! Thanks for the release!

2. David says:

Can someone port this to Solaris?

3. Tarek says:

The source code should compile under Solaris. You just need to install Qt 4.3 or newer.

4. Jahrelanger Benutzer says:

Kann mit Version 0.3 (wie mein Vorredner unter Punkt 17.) unter Mac leider nicht auf mein USB-Stick zugreifen, wo meine Datenbank liegt, da ich diese auf verschiedenen Systemen benutze. Kann auf die Dtenbank nur zugreifen, wenn diese auf dem Festplattenlaufwerk liegt. Woran liegt das?

5. Tarek says:

Wechseldatenträger können durch Eingabe von “/Volumes” in das Dateinamefeld und anschließendem Enter-Drücken gefunden werden. Dass Version 0.3.0 die Qt Standarddateidialoge benutzt war eigentlich nicht beabsichtigt und ist ein Nebeneffekt einer anderen Änderung. Version 0.3.1 wird höchstwahrscheinlich wieder die nativen MacOS X-Dialoge benutzen.

for non-german readers:
    Mounted drives which are not shown in the sidebar of the file dialog in version 0.3.0 can be found under /Volumes. Just type “/Volumes” into the file name entry field and hit return. Version 0.3.1 will most likley use the native MacOS X dialogs again.

-Tarek

6. Juha says:

Very well done!

7. Jahrelanger Benutzer says:

Many Thanks to Tarek for this hint. Now I can use the new version with MacOS X.

8. ZYV says:

I wish there were RPMs or binaries for CentOS 5.1 / RHEL 5.1 / Fedora 6 (whatever you wish). We have qt-4.2.1 and I was unable to rebuild the package from source RPM.

9. SniperBeamer says:

KeePassX 0.3.0 requires Qt >= 4.3.0

10. Dave says:

Great update…many thanks!!

11. Vovan says:

Is there any static build of KeePassX ? It would we very handy to put on USB stick – just one file.

12. ZYV says:

SniperBeamer, I know this. That is why I am asking if it’s possible to make special statically built RPM with all this stuff compiled right into it for Fedora 6 and lower. I don’t want to upgrade qt to what is shipped with Fedora 7+ just to screw up my whole system :)

13. Geoff says:

Very, very, good work. Just downloaded and it looks great–getting very close to the original. Thank you!

I think someone else asked this already and maybe we’re the only two having this problem, but I just moved over from Windows to Leopard and invoking auto-type is in Windows is Ctl-Alt-A. What’s the equivalent on the Mac?

I know KeepassX doesn’t have plug-ins yet, but I tend to keep my master database of a USB drive and I’ve been using ABP to automatically backup to both my home (now Mac) and work (still XP). Keeps everything in synch very easily. I think the author of ABP has the right philosophy on KeePass backups–one just invokes the proper command line shortcut from either machine and KeePass is launched in such a way that the command-line tells KeePass where the local backup should be. Changes to the DB are automatically saved. Maybe there’s another way of doing this in Mac, but I definitely would love to have this functionality on OS X.

14. Andreas says:

Hallo, warum muss man die lokalisierung so kompliziert machen. Ich hab die neue version wieder entfernt und benutze die alte, da war eine deutsche Übersetzung einfacher zu bekommen. Ich bin ja kein Programmierer oder Computerfreak sonder ein MAC-Nutzer! Ich will Programme benutzen und nicht selber schreiben. Wäre schön wenn es mal irgendwann eine Übersetzung auch für Normale Computernutzer gibt. Gruß

15. marin1 says: